As the first trimester comes quickly to a close, teachers and students have stayed busy on their toes!
Take a look at what’s been happening in the past couple weeks here in grade four!
In Language Arts, we are moving into our first novel study of the book Frindle by Andrew Clements. The students have read the first two chapters. It is very important that students stay on track with our readings each night in order to participate in reading groups during the school day. This week in writing, Room 115 has started to talk about the first component of our SMEKENS writing! Room 114 continues to work on their Snapshot Writing, which will be followed by introducing Smeken’s Six Traits of Writing.
In Math, we have wrapped up the first 10 lessons. This chapter brings a new way of thinking to multiplication. Keep practicing those basic facts! Timed tests will continue in both classrooms, and our Chapter 2 Test will be coming up!
In Science, the students are finishing Unit 1 Lesson 5 and will be taking our Lesson 5 Quiz next week. Students are also working on creating a two-dimensional floor plan of their bedroom.
In Social Studies, students have completed the third lesson of Chapter 1, Regional Resources. They will be taking their Chapter One test this upcoming week: Wednesday, November 14th (Room 115) and Thursday, November 15th (Room 114).
In Religion, we have been reading how God gives us the freedom to choose, and it is in our choices that bring us closer (or farther) away from our relationship with God.
A BIG shout out to all of our wonderful fourth grade parents, who made our Halloween parties so much fun- AS WELL AS, the time spent, and the time that continues to be spent, on planning our Spring Fundraiser! We sure are CARDINAL PROUD!
Reminder to the Students:
–> Practice your Basic Facts!!
- Mr. Nussbaum, as well as other math games, are available online for you to access at home, or on the go!
- Flash Cards
- Deck of Cards
–> Trimester One ends Friday!
- Make sure all of your work is turned in! Use your organizational skills to help you stay up to date!
Reminder to the Parents:
*** 4th Graders are taking timed multiplication tests! Check your child’s take home folder for their data.
*** We are always looking for parent volunteers for lunch and recess! Duty is from 11:30- 12:15 PM. We thank you in advance for your time and support. The students LOVE our visitors!
*** Please be sure to be checking your child’s planner, for they have been working hard learning the strategies that enables them to stay on task and keep track of their assignments!
* 11/9/18- Principal Wine & Cheese from 6:00-10:00pm
* 11/12/18- Hot Lunch – Caesar or chicken salad
– Queen of Hearts Fundraiser @ Kennys! The drawing will be done at 7:00pm!
* 11/13/18- Assembly from 8-9:30am
– Open House @ 6-7:30pm
* 11/14/18- Hot Lunch – Grilled Chicken Chop Salad
* 11/16/18- End of the Trimester
* 11/19/18- Hot Lunch- Chicken Tenders, Queen of Hearts
* 11/20/18- 11:30 dismissal
– Prayer Service @ 9:00am
– Conferences from 12:30pm-8:00pm