This week in Math, we took our Chapter 4 Test on two-digit addition with regrouping. Students also completed a math mystery with partners/in small groups to review concepts such as shapes, addition facts, comparing and ordering numbers, and place value. After break, we will begin Chapter 5; this chapter focuses on two digit subtraction with regrouping. Please practice addition facts to 20 at home using flashcards or online (https://www.factmonster.com/math/flashcards – select “Level 1”); we are beginning to take times addition fact tests in school.
In Reading, we finished Theodore Roosevelt: The Adventurous President and took a quiz to check for comprehension. Next week, we will begin reading a short story called “Marching with Aunt Susan.” This story goes along with our Unit 3 theme of Building Ideas.
In Science/Writing, students worked on writing informative pieces about an animal of their choosing. Students used books in our classroom and in the Library to gather information about their animal. Room 109 began making animal posters with information and pictures, and students in Room 110 made a research book with writing, images, and captions.
We will move back to Social Studies after break. Unit 2 focuses on our Earth, landforms, how we can take care of the Earth, and using maps.
This week’s newsletter secret is: turkey.
- There is no school Wednesday, November 21st through Friday, November 23rd. Happy Thanksgiving! We are thankful for you and your children!
- Room 110 Scholastic Book Orders are due on November 20th. Click here to order; our class code is: RLQG7. The order will be placed first thing in the morning on November 21st!
- We have 8:00 a.m. “E” Day Mass on Wednesday, November 28th.
- There is a $1 Orange or Green Dress Down Day sponsored by Student Council on Wednesday, November 28th.
- Sunday, December 2nd is Breakfast with Santa…be sure to RSVP on the school website!
- Tuesday, December 4th is a Cardinal College event at 7:00 p.m. We would love to see you there!
- Thursday, December 6th is a $1 Bright Green and Purple Dress Down Day to benefit “Gift of Hope.”
- Our Annual Christmas Program is on the evening of Thursday, December 13th.
- Please volunteer for recess/lunch duty, click here.
- If you would like to order hot lunch, click here.