This week in Reading, we finished Change Makers. Students read about wonderful individuals who came up with creative solutions to help people suffering from natural disasters, homeless children not having enough food or supplies to live, and animal habitats being destroyed by companies using palm oil. Students brainstormed ways that they can help change the world and wrote an informative text.
In Shurley English, we reviewed classifying sentences with nouns, verbs, adverbs, adjectives, and article adjectives. In Spelling, we focused on long e words. Next week, our focus will be long i words.
In Math, we learned how to add to find the difference in a subtraction problem. We also solved one- and two-step word problems involving both addition and subtraction. Next week we will review the concepts in the chapter, then take our Chapter 5 test.
In Religion, we learned about Our Lady of Guadalupe and Advent. Next week, we will discuss Christmas.
In Social Studies, we learned about goods and services, types of bank accounts, how to use a compass on a map, bar graphs, pie charts, income, and factories. Next week, we will review and take our Unit 3 test.
We had such a great time at Oak Trace on Wednesday. Students sang Christmas carols to the residents, made two ornament crafts with them, then played a math game. At the end of the week, we wrote thank you letters to the residents to thank them for the thoughtful gift they gave students and for letting us visit their home. Miss Paluch will be delivering them over the weekend. We will make our next visit in March.
This week’s newsletter secret is: Christmas is coming.
- Please send in at least $1 and pancake mix and/or syrup by Friday, December 21st for the Advent Giving Tree program! Thank you in advance!
- Wednesday, December 19th is a Student Council Sponsored Christmas Ugly Sweater Dress Down Day for $1.
- There is a 1:00 p.m. Early Dismissal (no aftercare) on Friday, December 21st. There is no school from December 24th-January 4th.
- There is a Rolling Skating Party on January 3rd from 6:30-9:00 p.m. at Fleetwood Roller Rink. Tickets are on sale now during lunch time in the lunch room for $6.00 each. They will be $8.00 at the door. Kids can rent skates at the rink or bring their own.
- Please volunteer for recess/lunch duty, click here.
- If you would like to order hot lunch, click here.