Week of 4-25-19 through 4-26-19
This week in Reading, we retold the traditional story of The Three Little Pigs and read The True Story of the Three Little Pigs. We compared and contrasted the two versions of the story using a Venn diagram.
In Writing, we finished writing and illustrating our opinion pieces on what we want to be when we grow up for our Student Treasures book that will be published. Orders are due by Monday, April 29th.
In Shurley English, we continued on Chapter 11. We have been busy classifying sentences with multiple prepositional phrases and possessive pronouns, in addition to the other parts of speech we already know. We also reviewed when to use a or an when writing.
In Math, we did a graphing project with M&M’s and buttons to reinforce students’ understanding of collecting data, creating tally charts, picture graphs, and bar graphs.
In Religion, we practiced singing our Communion song and how to properly receive the Eucharist.
In Science, we created a water cycle diagram and discussed the steps in the water cycle.
This week’s newsletter secret is: rain.
- First Holy Communion banners are due to Miss Paluch or Mrs. McCartney by Monday, April 29th!
- Student Treasures Book Orders are due by Monday, April 29th.
- Tuesday, April 30th is a $1 Green Dress Down sponsored by Student Council.
- We have 8:00 “E” Day Mass on Thursday, May 2nd.
- Mandatory Communion Practice for the 10:30 a.m. Mass is on Tuesday, May 7th from 6:30-8:00 p.m. in the Church. A parent must attend with each child.
- Mandatory Communion Practice for the 1:00 p.m. Mass is on Wednesday, May 8th from 6:30-8:00 p.m. in the Church. A parent must attend with each child.
- Come volunteer for recess/lunch duty! With the weather warming up, we will be going outside to enjoy some fresh air! We would love for you to join us! Click here to sign up.
- An order form went home about purchasing a group Communion photo; please be sure to return those ASAP!
- Summer Solutions is on sale! We highly recommend you purchase both Math and English books for your child. They are only $15.99 (with free shipping). Our school code for online ordering is: H60525CLE. Visit www.summersolutions.net to order.
- If you would like to order hot lunch, click here.