Week of 5-28-19 to 5-31-19
In Phonics and English, we reviewed possessive nouns and plural nouns. In Reading, we focused on asking and answering questions using text evidence.
In Writing, we wrote “summer bucket lists.” Students enjoyed writing about friends they want to see, places they want to go, and things they wish to do this summer.
In Math, we reviewed three-digit addition and subtraction.
In Religion, we learned about the saints and Mary. We discussed the meaning of the “Hail Mary” and how we can honor and follow her example. We also reviewed the parts of the Mass.
In Social Studies, we reviewed and took our Unit 6 test. Students showed how much they knew about immigrants, inventions, customs, communication, and landmarks. Students also presented their ancestor projects! They did an amazing job!
This week’s newsletter secret is: June.
- St. Cletus will be participating in the pet parade tomorrow, Saturday, June 1st. If you wish to walk in the parade, meet on Maple Avenue, east of La Grange Road, at 9:30 a.m. Students are encouraged to wear St. Cletus or superhero attire.
- Children’s Bibles must be returned by Tuesday, June 4th. They were distributed at the beginning of the year.
- Picnic/Field Day is on Thursday, June 6th. If you ordered a hot dog lunch, you do not need to send in a lunch for your child on that day.
- The LAST DAY OF SCHOOL is Friday, June 7th. There is an 11:00 a.m. dismissal (no aftercare).
- Next week, we will be cleaning out our desks. If your child has any gently-used school supplies from this school year that you are willing to donate to SCARCE (a non-profit organization for teachers in Glen Ellyn), they will have the opportunity to do so next week.
- Come volunteer for recess/lunch duty! We would love for you to join us! Click here to sign up.
- Summer Solutions is on sale! We highly recommend you purchase both Math and English books for your child. They are only $15.99 (with free shipping). Our school code for online ordering is: H60525CLE. Visit www.summersolutions.net to order.
- If you want to order school supply kits for next year, you have two options for ordering. You may fill out a paper copy or order online through the website. Our school code for online ordering is: STC058. Either way, you must order by June 7th.
- To volunteer for Picnic/Field Day on Thursday, June 6th, click here.