Week of 5-6-19 to 5-10-19
This week in Reading, we read Disney’s version of The Jungle Book. We discussed the beginning, middle, and end of the story. We also reviewed setting and character traits. After we see the play on our field trip, we will compare and contrast the two versions.
In Writing, we worked on a Mother’s Day project. Make sure your second grader gives you the gift they made!
In Shurley English, we reviewed classifying sentences, parts of speech, types of nouns, and subject/predicate. In Phonics, we learned about synonyms and antonyms.
In Math, we sorted two-dimensional shapes based on their sides and angles, partitioned rectangles into same-size parts, and learned about halves, thirds, and fourths to divide shapes into equal parts.
In Religion, we practiced singing our Communion song and reviewed how to properly receive the Eucharist. We also practiced a lot for our May Crowning Mass!
In Science, we learned severe weather and reviewed Unit 7. We will have our Science test on Wednesday of next week.
This week’s newsletter secret is: Communion.
- First Communion is this Saturday, May 11th! Please drop your child off in the Parish Center 30 minutes before your Mass time.
- May Crowning is on Monday, May 13th at 9:00 a.m.! 2nd and 8th Grade are in charge of this Mass. Second graders need to come to school in their First Communion outfits on this day. We will take our group Communion photo after the Mass. Send in gym uniforms and gym shoes in a bag to change into. We look forward to seeing you at this Mass!
- Please see the picture at the bottom of this newsletter regarding Dress Down Days for next week (to benefit the Leukemia Lymphoma Society).
- Our last visit to Oak Trace is on Tuesday, May 14th. We will play board games and summer bingo with the residents.
- We have 8:00 “E” Day Mass on Monday, May 20th.
- Our field trip to see “The Jungle Book” play is on Wednesday, May 22nd.
- Come volunteer for recess/lunch duty! With the weather warming up, we will be going outside to enjoy some fresh air! We would love for you to join us! Click here to sign up.
- Summer Solutions is on sale! We highly recommend you purchase both Math and English books for your child. They are only $15.99 (with free shipping). Our school code for online ordering is: H60525CLE. Visit www.summersolutions.net to order.
- If you would like to order hot lunch, click here.
- If you want to order school supply kits for next year, you have two options for ordering. You may fill out a paper copy or order online through the website. Our school code for online ordering is: STC058. Either way, you must order by June 7th.
- To volunteer for Picnic /Field Day on Thursday, June 6th, click here.