Student President Mobiles
Religion This week our third graders will be attending the 8 am Mass on Wednesday, March 13th and Stations of the Cross with the entire school on Thursday. Please come and pray with us. We will also continue to discuss Lent and our Second Step lessons on peer pressure and lying. FYI rooms 111 & 112 will be leading the Stations of the Cross on March 21 in the afternoon. You are welcomed to attend this lovely Lenten prayer tradition.
Phonics: Students will be learning MORE rules to use when dividing a word into syllables. We will be finishing the unit with a test planned for the following week.
Spelling: This week spelling unit # 25 has us study words that have double consonants in the middle of the word. Words tested will be: supper, happen, pepper, kitten, sudden, letter, dinner, cotton, lesson, mitten, bottom, summer, better, ladder, and ribbon. The test will be on Friday, March 15th.
Language: The March poem will be recited on March 19th.
Reading: The mystery “cereal box” book report is due this week on Wednesday, 3/13/19. We will be finishing the novel, The Year of Miss Agnes and comparing it to the Athabaskans, which we read last month.
Grammar: The weekly Simple Solutions Grammar Quiz will be on Friday, March 15th. Grammar skills that will be tested in the quiz include; using commas and quotation marks around dialogue, identifying object nouns, adding re to base words and then telling the meaning of the new words, deciding on the correct prefix to add to a base word, identifying the past tense verbs, locating the “when” adverb, figuring out the correct meaning of new words using the base word’s meaning or context clues, and subject verb agreement.
Math: Students will be taking the Chapter 7 Division test on Friday, March 15th. They will solve two step division problems, use the order of operations, and various strategies such as arrays, number lines, grouping, and related facts. There will be a Simple Solutions Quiz on Thursday, March 14th.
Science: In science this week students will continue learn about behavioral adaptations of animals which help them survive.
- Lunch/Recess Volunteers: 111 and 112 would love it if you could volunteer for recess & lunch supervision. Third grade has recess/lunch from 11:30 – 12:15. Please see the class page to sign up or click the link below:
Specials Next Week:
Mon. E…..Music & TLC 112 Science Lab
Tues. F…..TLC & Library 112 Music & TLC
Wed. A……..Spanish & Gym 112 Gym & Science Lab
Thurs: B…….111 Gym & Science Lab 112 Library & TLC
Fri: C…….111 Art & Spanish 112 Spanish & Gym
- Friday, March 8th – No school
- Tuesday, March 12th – $1 Jersey Dress Down to support Misercordia
- Wednesday, March 13th 8am Mass
- 2019 Spring Play, “Wizard of Oz” – March 14 and 15
- Thursday, March 14th Stations of the Cross
- Friday, March 15th Auction Shirt Dress Down–free
- Speech and Language Screenings – March 20
- Dining for Dollars at Portillo’s – March 20
- 2019 Spring Auction – March 30 (Auction Proceeds Help our School’s Operating Budget)
Queen of Hearts is every Monday at Kenny’s! Maybe you will be the next Winner!