Students enjoyed planning and designing the tallest tower that they could make using 20 pieces of paper and 24 inches of tape.
Religion: This week our third graders will be hosting the School Mass on Wednesday, February 27th. Room 111 has been busy making lovely banners for our Mass. Please come and pray with us. Students will also learn about several different types of prayer. The February school prayer will be said on 28th. FYI rooms 111 & 112 will be leading the Stations of the Cross on March 21 in the afternoon. You are welcomed to attend this lovely Lenten prayer tradition.
Phonics: Students are working with words to understand prefixes, base words, suffixes and syllables.
Spelling: The weekly spelling unit, # 24 is a review unit. Students will take unit 24 spelling test on Friday, March 1st.
Reading: We are continuing to read and analyze the novel, The Year of Miss Agnes. We are also working with reading and writing Quizlets. Students should be reading a mystery book for the March “cereal box” book report which is due 3/13/19.
Grammar: The weekly Simple Solutions Grammar Quiz will be on Friday, March 1st.
Math: Students will be practicing more division strategies and continuing to memorize the division facts. There will be a Simple Solutions Quiz on Friday, March 1st.
Social Studies: The president mobile is due this Tuesday, February 26th. The green note- taking page also needs to be returned for full credit. A great website for students to use is Duckster.com.
Science: In science this week students will learn about behavioral adaptations of animals which help them survive. Students will also participate in another fun STEAM activity.
Science Field Trip: On March 21st we are going to The Children’s Farm in Palos Park for a wonderful experience planned just for third graders. This is organized and sponsored by the Cook Country Farm Bureau. The field trip permission forms and fees were due February 22nd.
- Lunch/Recess Volunteers: 111 and 112 would love it if you could volunteer for recess & lunch supervision. Third grade has recess/lunch from 11:30 – 12:15. Please see the class page to sign up or click the link below:
Specials Next Week:
Mon: B…….111 Gym & Science Lab 112 Library & TLC
Tues: C…….111 Art & Spanish 112 Spanish & Gym
Wed: D……111 Science Lab 112 Art & Spanish
Thurs: E…111 Music & TLC 112 Science Lab
Fri: F…….111 TLC & Library 112 Music & TLC
- Tuesday, February 26th – $1.00 dress down for Misericordia. Students wear blue to show their support!
- Wednesday, February 27th – All school Mass at 9:00 am, come pray with us!
- Friday, March 1st – End of second trimester
- Wednesday, March 6th – Ash Wednesday Mass 9:20 am
- Thursday, March 7th – Auction shirt dress down, 11:30 dismissal for Parent-Teacher Conferences
- Friday, March 8th – No school
Remember every Friday is Flash Light Friday. Please make sure your child has a working flashlight.
Queen of Hearts is every Monday at Kenny’s! Will you will be the next Winner?