Religion: On Monday our class will be working with their 7th grade buddies making fleece blankets for hospitalized children through Project Linus: Please send in your $2 for the donation to cover the materials if you have not already done so. Students will attend the last school Mass of the year at 9 am on June 7th. Please join us if you are able to do so.
Reading: Students will be reading some historical selections including a book about the Titanic. We will focus on sequence, text features, and cause and effect.
Phonics: Students will be working on alphabetizing.
Grammar: Students will be reviewing the parts of speech, using context clues to determine vocabulary meaning, pronouns, subjects and objects of a sentence, and verb tenses .
Math: Students will continue to explore area and perimeter while doing fun activities.
Social Studies: In class we will be reading a mini-biography of Henry Ford and how he changed the way cars were made, and how that resulted in a change in the way people lived. We will also be discussing how to make choices about the use of resources.
Simple Solutions for the Summer!
- Summer Solutions is on sale! We highly recommend you purchase both Math and English books for your child. They are only $15.99 (with free shipping). Our school code for online ordering is: H60525CLE. Visit www.summersolutions.net to order.
- The La Grange Pet Parade: St. Cletus will be participating in the pet parade tomorrow, Saturday, June 1st. If you wish to walk in the parade, meet on Maple Avenue, east of La Grange Road, at 9:30 a.m. Students are encouraged to wear St. Cletus or superhero attire.
Enjoy golfing as you support St.Cletus School.
- Picnic/Field Day is on Thursday, June 6th. If you ordered a hot dog lunch, you do not need to send in a lunch for your child on that day.
- The LAST DAY OF SCHOOL is Friday, June 7th. There is an 11:00 a.m. dismissal (no aftercare).
- Supplies to Donate: Next week, we will be cleaning out our desks. If your child has any gently-used school supplies from this school year that you are willing to donate to SCARCE (a non-profit organization for teachers) they will have the opportunity to do so next week.
- School supply kits: If you want to order for next year, you have two options for ordering. You may fill out a paper copy or order online through the website. Our school code for online ordering is: STC058. Either way, you must order by June 7th.
- Picnic/Field Day, June 6th: If you wish to volunteer click here.
Lunch/Recess Volunteers: 111 and 112 would love it if you could volunteer for recess & lunch supervision. Third grade has recess/lunch from 11:30 – 12:15. Please see the class page to sign up or click the link below:
Mon.B….. 111 Gym & Science Lab 112 Library & TLC
Tues. C…. 111 Art & Spanish 112 Spanish & Gym
Wed. D….111 Science Lab 112 Art & Spanish
Thurs. … 11:30 Field Day / hot dogs
Friday: Last day of the School Year 9:00 Mass 11:00 dismissal
Thank you for sharing your children with us this year. It was a great year! We wish you and your family a wonderful, blessed, and fun- filled summer!