PLEASE fill out the tech survey, follow this link! https://forms.gle/TxbUZnQGLKavq1Tx7
We made apple pie today! These were the ingredients!
Our apple exploration was so fun! We learned about apple trees, the seeds and and all things apples! We read fiction and non-fiction books telling us about apples.
Our family picture wall is complete! We LOVE seeing our JK families! The kids enjoy seeing their friends’ families too!
- October 1: dress up day for picture day. No matter what your student wears on top, please make sure he/she wears GYM SHOES. Gym shoes and and a dress–totally fine! We will still be playing and the kids will still have (a modified) gym class, of course keeping in mind the nice clothes. 🙂
- Please be sure to check in to your student’s seesaw account weekly. Be sure to check the INBOX on the right hand side for additional assignments. We’d like grown-ups and children to get comfortable navigating Seesaw. In your INBOX are the optional “boom card” practice links. Boom cards are quick, self-checking practice cards.
- Please consider turning on your seesaw notifications–after signing in, click on the gear button on the top left hand side. Then go to SETTINGS and CLASS NOTIFICATIONS.
- Amazon wishlist donations: We are SO grateful for these donations. It has been challenging to hit our standards while keeping things developmentally appropriate with Covid safety rules and restrictions, but these donations have really helped. We have enjoyed thinking outside of the box and will keep doing just that so the children keep learning AND having fun in our covid-safe classrooms!
- Are you following St. Cletus school on Instagram? On facebook? On Twitter? Be sure to do so! And don’t forget our JK Rocks facebook page! Please reach out if you are having any difficulties.
- Are you logged in to directory spot? https://www.directoryspot.net/schools/stcletuschool/ This is where you can access junior kindergarten friends names, contact info. Perhaps an outdoor playdate while it’s still nice out! JK is such a wonderful year. Such sweet friendships are forming in our classrooms!
- Milk: If you would like your student to receive chocolate or white milk at lunch and didn’t fill out the form yet, please contact the school office firstname.lastname@example.org; milk begins October 1.
Support our School:
- AMAZON SMILE? With every purchase 0.5% will be donated to a charity of your choice. Please follow the directions below and choose St. Cletus School as the recipient. Do your JK’ers grandparents use Amazon? Be sure they use Amazon Smile as well!
- Check that you have the latest version of the Amazon app
- Open the Amazon Shopping app on your device.
- Go into the main menu of the Amazon Shopping app and tap into ‘Settings’.
- Tap ‘AmazonSmile‘ and follow the on-screen instructions to turn Amazon Smile on.
Religion: Bible stories help us learn about God and His love for us. Jesus used parables to help us understand God. We will look to many of these next week.
We only focus on the 26 letters of the alphabet. The blends are a “Kindergarten thing!” This can give you an idea of where we are headed! Next week we will focus on reviewing all the letters we have learned through games and fun!
- Name writing: We will continue to practice writing our names correctly with one capital letter and correct formation of all letters. At home: EDIT, PRINT and practice.
- Michael Heggerty Phonemic Awareness: we are focusing on beginning sounds, hearing rhyming words, expression (.!?) and breaking apart compound words.
Math: Some of our number work involve a ten frame. (See example below) We ask students to see how many are in this ten frame. We use dice, dominoes and other manipulatives to help children see our group of ten. We also use tally marks. Ask your child to show you tally marks for certain numbers or a ten frame for given numbers. This practice at home will help build confidence for your child to feel successful in school.
The new season of Fall will be our focus! What does Fall look like? How does it feel? What do you notice? Scientists notice things and document these changes! We will look to our community helpers too! If you have a family member who is a police officer, firefighter or in the medical field, please post their photo on our Facebook page for all of us to let them know we appreciate their hard work and service!
Amazon wish list update!