- Tuesday, May 3rd: 8am Mass
- Friday, May 6th: Mother’s Day Tea, 10:15-11:15
Looking Ahead/Mark your calendars:
- Thursday, May 26th: Kindergarten /8th grade picnic in the courtyard: more details to follow!
- Thursday, June 2nd: The kindergarten celebration will be on this day at 10:00 in the PC gym. Children are dismissed for the summer following the celebration. More information to come home after the Mother’s Day Tea.
Mother’s Day Tea: We are SO excited for the kindergarten moms to come to our classrooms next week! Please make sure you are on time. Your child will be waiting for you! Children should dress up for the special occasion. There will be NO specials this day for kindergarten, so no gym clothes!
As we enter our last month of kindergarten, stay tuned for reminders, notes, etc. about special end of the year events and activities! We are busy right up until the last day! 🙂 Lot of fun still to be had in kindergarten!
- Daily journaling continues! Don’t forget to remind your child of all there is to write about. Use that phrase, “oh, this would be GREAT to write about in your journal!
- We will be practicing songs for our moms and will be working on other special projects. 🙂
- Reading groups: guided reading practice and word work practice
- High frequency words: We will introduce 2 new words: look, new
- We will read nonfiction books about caterpillars and butterflies; we will use graphic organizers to keep track of all we learn!
Go MATH, Chapter 10: The focus is 3D shapes: sphere, cylinder, cube and cone
- Identify 2-D (flat) and 3-D shapes (solid)
- Compare 2-D and 3-D shapes (vertices, sides, “corners”)
- Compose simple shapes to form larger shapes
- K.CC.1 Counting to 100 by 1s, 5s, to 20 by 2s
- K.OA.1 Represent Addition up to 10 with fingers, drawings, sounds
- K.OA.1 Represent Subtraction up to 10 with fingers, drawings, sounds
- K.OA.1 Represent Addition and Subtraction up to 5 with equations
- K.OA.2 Solve addition and subtraction word problems within 10
- K.OA.3 Decompose numbers up to 10 in more than one way (5=2+3 and 5=4+1)
- K.OA.4 For any number from 1 to 9, find the number that makes 10
- K.OA.5 Fluently add and subtract within 5
- K.NBT.1 Compose and decompose numbers 11-19 by drawings & equations
- May is Mary’s month! Throughout the month of May, we will honor Mary in our classrooms by setting up a May altar. We will ask the children (with grown-up’s permission) to bring in any flowers to add to the altar. Lilacs are always nice! We will be praying Mary’s prayer each morning during May.
- Evidence of new life is all around us! In our classrooms, we will be observing the life cycle of a caterpillar to a butterfly. The caterpillars arrived earlier this week and we are already noticing changes!