A hard copy of the following was sent home on Friday:
Dear Kindergarten Families,
During this Holy Season, your child has been doing kind deeds as a way to get ready for Christmas. With each kind deed done at home or at school, we see your child’s ’light’ shining through! Next week, we will continue to focus on the Christmas story in our classrooms and on Tuesday, we will have a birthday celebration for baby Jesus in our classrooms. We have everything we need, thanks to our room parents and many of you. The children will have a blast. Here is some other important information for next week:
Monday, December 21:
- Pajama day: wear your pajamas to school! Be sure to wear gym shoes. We will still attend gym. Students will be given a special treat from Mr. Porod and Mrs. Schaefer.
- Remote learning materials will be sent home for kindergarten.
Tuesday, December 22:
- Dress UP day; Christmas/birthday party in our classrooms; don’t wear anything TOO fancy, we will still be gluing, coloring, etc.
- We will view the Advent prayer service on the smartboard.
Wednesday, January 6-Friday, January 15
- Remote learning
Tuesday, January 19:
- School resumes IN PERSON; please send ALL materials back. This is very important.
This month, the kindergartners and 8th graders have been putting together a virtual prayer service keeping in mind our year-long school theme, “we are called.” Please take time to watch the prayer service WITH your kindergarten student and be reminded of the true reason for the season. The prayer service will be passed along to all of you on Tuesday. Though it may not be how we envisioned our Advent message to be presented, we all have learned how to adapt this year and we hope the message still shines through.
During these last few days of the Advent Season, please continue to encourage your entire family to look for ways to share kindness with others as a reminder that Jesus is the true reason for the season. Helping your child share kindness with others is what our Catholic faith teaches us to do! It is so nice to be teaching in a school where we can really focus on the true meaning of Christmas. We take the responsibility of teaching your child and more importantly, passing on our Catholic faith, very seriously. We hope you have seen as much growth in your child as we have in these few short months. We’ve had many fun adventures in kindergarten and we anticipate many more in the coming New Year!