Upcoming Events/Mark your Calendars:
- Friday, February 12: Valentine’s Party (NO valentines will be passed out); thank you for all the donations!
- Monday, February 15: No School, President’s Day
What a fun week it was at St. Cletus School! We enjoyed celebrating our wonderful Catholic school with fun activities all week long. The week ended with a boxed Panera lunch for teacher appreciation. We are so lucky! Be sure to check out the pictures page to see some of our Catholic School’s Week fun!
Next week we will celebrate Valentine’s Day in our classrooms. It will be such a fun week filled with Valentine’s centers and projects. Please remember, do NOT send valentines to school to be passed out. We will have to send them home. Thank you!!
- Sight word focus: SAID, HE, SHE, FROM, WITH, DAY
- Jolly Phonics: we will be listening for chunks at the beginning and end of words–ch, sh, th, wh–and are practicing writing CVC words, focusing on that middle vowel sound-a/e/i/o/u. We will practice reading CVC words and NONSENSE words.k
- Valentine decodable stories: we will mark our sight words and the children should read to THREE lucky listeners at home.
- Write the room: we will be writing CVC words, words with blends and valentine words.
- We will learn a new song which will be added to our poetry journals. It starts like this, “Show God’s love to everyone…”
- We will be making valentines for our families as a way to show our love for them!
- The children will continue to add heart stickers to their mittens each time they’re caught doing something kind.
- We will begin hearing from our “meteorologists”.
- We will conduct a candy heart dissolving experiement.
Math: We will be wrapping up Chapter 5 in Go Math. We will introduce SUBTRACTION next week. Addition helps our numbers GROW, subtraction makes our numbers SHRINK. We will practice going back and forth between plus and minus signs to get used to adding on and taking away.
- Counting to 100 by ones.
- Counting to 100 by 5s and 10s.
- Counting to 20 by 2s.
- Represent Addition up to 10 with fingers, drawings, sounds.
- Decompose numbers up to 10 in more than one way (5=2+3 and 5=4+1); we will use number bonds to help us see the different ways to make numbers.
- Reviewing +, = and addition vocabulary.
- We will introduce subtraction.
- We will make heart patterns and label them.
- We will sort and graph candy hearts.
- We will add with candy hearts, according to color.