Mark your Calendars/Catholic School’s Week Reminders: We are so excited to celebrate our Catholic school next week! Here’s what you need to know:
- Sunday, January 27th: 9:30 Mass and Open House from 10:30-12:30; Come see the many projects we have displayed. Bring a prospective friend too!
- Monday, January 28th PJs and buddies! Wear you pajamas to school and we will have time with our buddies; hot lunch, hamburgers and cheeseburgers.
- Tuesday, January 29th: Flannel and Stripes Dress down
- Wednesday, January 30th: Teacher Appreciation Day with school Mass at 10:30 followed by a Teacher luncheon from 11:30-12:30; hot lunch, salad; Mrs. Mahr’s class is still in need of a lunchtime helper from 11:30-12:30 (lunch and indoor recess/free choice); Sign up here:
- Thursday, January 31st Student Appreciation Day: Talent show in kindergarten! Kindergarten jeopardy in the afternoon!
- Friday, February 1st Red/ White Day; wear your red and white; kindergarten will watch 1st-8th volleyball games in the afternoon!
Be sure to check out the pictures page!
Lots going on these next few weeks, beginning with Catholic School’s Week!
- Watch for a note to come home on WEDNESDAY about our 100th day celebration.
- Talent show is on Thursday, January 31st; click HERE to read the note that was sent home. Please make sure your child practices over the weekend! Don’t forget to bring in any props. If your child needs a ball, jump rope, music, etc., please send us a note.
- Journaling: Writing 2+ sentences during daily journaling time!
- Sight Words: Click HERE for words that we are currently practicing.
- Groundhog stories at the listening center!
- Segmenting and blending words and Jolly Phonics review. At home, ask your child to “stretch out” words!
- Graphing: Do you think the groundhog will see his shadow? We will make our predictions!
- Addition up to 5. We will do a lot with domino and dice roll addition so we become fluent with our math facts. Dominoes and dice make it more fun! We will practice creating and solving addition sentences. We will practice our “doubles addition” (2+2, 5+5) so that we can solve those problems quickly! At home: Find ways to practice addition at home. For example: “there are 2 cookies on your plate. If I give you 2 more, how many will you have altogether?”
- Counting by 1s to 60 or above.
- Counting by 5s and 10s to 100, we will continue to review. We will practice counting by 2s to 20. Practice this at home, just takes a few minutes in the car!
- Counting forward from a number other than 1.
- “We go to a Catholic School…” Ask your child to sing this song to you!
- We will continue explore or sense of sight and taste while also learning about what makes our catholic school so special.
- God made each of us special and gave each of us talents. Those talents will be on display next week at our classroom talent show! We will use the book “OK” to discuss things that we are just “okay” at and things that we are really good at!