Upcoming Events/Mark your Calendars:
It’s CATHOLIC SCHOOL’S WEEK! Check out the week’s events below. Don’t forget to encourage family and friends to check out our virtual tour or set up an in person tour! Thank you for sharing all the wonderful things we do here at St. Cletus School!
- Sunday, January 31st: Virtual Mass – 10:30 Live Stream
- Monday, February 1st: Celebrate Community – Students can wear college shirts or sweatshirts; Bring an item for the food pantry; At school, students will make a project for senior citizens for Valentine’s Day; Stop & Dance – music will pipe in throughout the day to get up and dance!
- Tuesday, February 2nd: Celebrate Students – Dress down day; No homework night; Rock Paper Scissors in class tournament – Video presentation; School Wide Hot Dog Lunch provided by FSA
- Wednesday, February 3rd: Celebrate Our Nation – Wear Patriotic colors – Video presentation : St. Cletus families around the USA
- Thursday, February 4th: Celebrate Vocations – Regular Uniform – Letters to clergy / Sisters of St. Joseph in thanksgiving
- Friday, February 5th: Celebrate Teachers – Dress down in spirit wear or Cardinal colors, red and white; Match the Baby Picture – Video presentation; Panera lunch for teachers provided by FSA
Wow, what a week! A snow day AND the 100th day–doesn’t get more fun than that! Be sure to check out our 100th day pictures to see some of the activities the kids participated in!
We’re moving on from celebrating 100 days in kindergarten to celebrating our catholic school! It will be full week of activities. Be sure to check out the plan for each day above! Mark your calendars!
Don’t forget the list we sent home earlier in the school year. Time to check these books out from the library! You have a READER! We are so proud of the progress ALL the children are making with their reading! Kindergarten book list
- We will read fiction and nonfiction books for Groundhog’s Day.
- Daily journaling: we are looking for 2+ sentences, correct spelling of word wall words, finger spaces in between words, independent spelling of unfamiliar words, date written and generating topic. That’s A LOT, and the kids are doing GREAT! How can you help at home? Use the phrase, “you should write about that in your journal” when something “journal worthy” comes up.
- Guided reading groups: we will continue to meet in small groups to read leveled books
- Phonics: writing CVC words and words that begin with blends and/or ‘chunks’ or digraphs.
- We will finish the sentence “I like St. Cletus because…” and we will learn a new song/chant to help us spell that tricky word ‘because.’
Sight Words: Our latest word wall for January/February was sent home earlier this week. Our focus words currently are: SAID, HE, SHE, FROM, WITH, DAY
Religion: We will celebrate our Catholic school next week; we have a song/chant that we will be adding to our poetry journals, we will participate in virtual Mass and much more! We are thankful for our Catholic school and the sacrifices YOU make to send your child to St. Cletus School!
- Counting to 100 by ones.
- Counting to 100 by 5s and 10s.
- Counting to 20 by 2s.
- Represent Addition up to 10 with fingers, drawings, sounds.
- Decompose numbers up to 10 in more than one way (5=2+3 and 5=4+1); we will use number bonds to help us see the different ways to make numbers.
- Reviewing +, = and addition vocabulary.
- We will create a graph with our groundhog’s day predictions.
- Groundhog’s day is here! We will read fiction and nonfiction books about GROUNDHOGS!
- We will be paying attention to the weather (more snow!?) and will introduce “meteorologist for the day” which will begin the next week.