Upcoming Events/Mark your Calendars:
- Wednesday, January 11: PBIS assembly
- Monday, January 16th: MLK Day, No School
Looking ahead/Mark your calendars/Volunteer opportunities through the end of the school year:
- Sunday, January 29th: Catholic School’s Week Open House for current AND prospective families. We hope to see you there!
- Tuesday, January 31st: 100th day of school for kindergarten: we will have a celebration! More information to come out soon!
- Tuesday, February 14: Valentine’s Party: all students should bring valentines to share with friends. Students will pass out valentines in the morning and then we will have a party in the afternoon. 5 grown-ups will be need to volunteer at our afternoon party. A sign-up genius will be sent from Amaya’s dad in a few weeks. Stay tuned!
- Friday, May 12: Kindergarten Mother’s Day Tea: ALL moms are invited to attend this event, which is a kindergarten tradition. Each child needs to have a special someone there. It will be around 10am and will last about one hour–songs, lemonade, muffins and lots of hugs and kisses! Official invite to be sent home in April, but mark your calendars now!
- Wednesday, June 7: Kindergarten Celebration, time TBD–plan on attending!
- Field Trip: We will also have another field trip in the spring, date TBD. This will be another parent volunteer opportunity.
- Volunteering: If you wish to volunteer at St. Cletus School, please make sure you complete the following requirements. We will have two classroom volunteer opportunities in October. Get these requirements completed! https://stcletusschool.com/volunteering/
- Hot lunch: Don’t forget to place your weekly hot lunch orders!
We had a great first two days back! This is such a pleasant group of students and Mrs. Zontos and I were truly so happy to be back in the classroom with all of them. The kids were also excited to be back with their friends and really interested in all the NEW things they saw in our classroom for the NEW year: new table teams, new table team names (number words), new 24 pack crayons, new journals, new smartboard sign-in using LAST names, just to name a few! We discussed “resolutions” and defined that word as “promises we make to make ourselves to be better or to help others.” The resolutions we came up with for our classroom include:
1.) Keep the classroom floor cleaner
2.) Pray more
3.) Read more
4.) Use kind words and be helpful to friends every day.
5.) Be neater with our school work.
6.) Keep our room safe (pushing in chairs, walking feet, etc.)
It was nice to have two transition days this week and then next week we will really hit the ground running! So much learning and excitement to come in kindergarten! Enjoy the weekend!