Upcoming Events/Mark your calendars:
- Regular week, 8am Mass on Tuesday, wear your auction shirts on Friday!
- Lenten food pantry donation: CANNED ITEMS (fruit, veggies, meat, soup) for both Mahr and Firestone
The Spring auction is ONE WEEK AWAY! Have you bought your tickets yet!? Come join us on Saturday, April 2nd! Click the link for more information: https://cardinalauction.org/
“Help your teacher across the tightrope”: Collection buckets our in each of our classrooms; winning class gets a popsicle party and a teacher gift. Send any money donations in an envelope marked “tightrope”.
Kindergarten auction items: Check out the donations from Mrs. Mahr and Mrs. Firestone!
- Lunch with Mrs. Firestone: You and a friend get to decide on a lunch choice (Subway, Jimmy John’s, Little Joe’s, pizza, etc.) and get to eat lunch with Mrs. Firestone! Dessert is included, of course!
- Lunch with Mrs. Mahr: You and a friend get to decide on a lunch choice (Subway, Jimmy John’s, Little Joe’s, pizza, etc.) and get to eat lunch with Mrs. Mahr. Dessert is included, of course!
- Painting and cookie party (Firestone and Mahr): Winner along with TWO FRIENDS will have a canvas painting and cookie decorating party with Mrs. Mahr and Mrs. Firestone. This will take place on an agreed upon date, after school.
Language Arts: Our Eric Carle unit will continue next week! There are so many books to read! Ask your child about his/her favorites so far. We will try to imitate his style of illustrations with pictures of our own.
- High Frequency/word wall words: We are finished introducing new words in March, so we will continue to review the February/March word list. The April/May, final word wall page, will go home next week. Word wall list-February March
- Daily journaling and guided reading
- Word work practice: using magnetic letters, word cards and more!
- Eric Carle sequencing and retelling; we are working on remembering the details in his stories as we retell our favorite Eric Carle stories. When your child comes home with any kind of sequencing page, ask your child to retell the story in his/her own words.
Math: We will continue Chapter 9: 2D shapes.
- Coin identification: students will be able to recognize quarters, dimes, nickels and pennies, name the value of each and name some of the symbols on each coin. Ask your child to dump out some coins from his/her piggy bank. Ask your child what he/she knows about each coin!
- Counting to 100 by 1s
- Counting to 100 by 10s and 5s
- Counting to 20 by 2s
- Writing & Representing to 30+
- 1 to1 Counting to 100
- Represent Addition up to 10 with fingers, drawings, sounds
- Represent Subtraction up to 10 with fingers, drawings, sounds
- Represent Addition and Subtraction up to 5 with equations
- Decompose numbers up to 10 in more than one way (5=2+3 and 5=4+1)
- For any number from 1 to 9, find the number that makes 10
- Fluently add and subtract within 5
- Compose and decompose numbers 11-19 by drawings & equations
- Identify Shapes (different orientation/sizes)
- Identify 2-D (flat) shapes
- Compose simple shapes to form larger shapes
- We will continue praying the Our Father in the morning.
- We are starting to see signs of Spring all around us. The new life we see with tree buds, flowers sprouting, birds tweeting—all of that reminds us of Jesus’ resurrection. We will discuss these symbols of new life and will begin planting activities.
- We will continue praying the Stations of the Cross each week. This past week was our first week praying them in church. Please talk to your child about Jesus’ journey. Who were the people that showed him kindness along the way? It’s a sad story, but Jesus doesn’t want us to be sad. What is the happy part of the story?
- We will continue the “Growing with God” program. Our next lesson is boundaries: When we use our hands to do kind things, we are doing God’s work. What kind thing have you done with your hands lately?
- We will continue our Lenten acts of almsgiving: Please bring in any change for the rice bowl collection and also for next week, the children decided on canned items. Please send in: canned goods-vegetables, meat, fruit, soup (Mahr and Firestone). Only donate what you can! We are working hard to fulfill our Lenten commitments of praying more, sharing kindness and acts of almsgiving.