We hope you had a special time with your kindergartner at the tea on Friday. Pictures are posted!
For the carrot zucchini muffin recipe, click Zucchini Carrot Muffins.
Library books will be checked out for classroom use only for the last few weeks of school. Do not expect library books to come home.
Invitations for our end of the year celebration went home on Friday. If your child didn’t get it on Friday, expect it on Monday. Thanks room parents for starting to coordinate things for the celebration. Parents, please watch for a sign-up genius to see how you can help!
Student council is sponsoring their last fundraising event for the year, ‘bring the change for Leukemia and Lymphoma Society” next week. Each day students are asked to bring in pennies, nickels, dimes or quarters. Please read below for the full schedule:
- Monday, May 13th: May Crowning Mass, 9am
- Tuesday, May 14th: Dazzling Dimes – full “dazzling” dress down
- Wednesday, May 15th: Neon nickels: dress down in neon colors
- Thursday, May 16th: Pajama day-PJ pennies
- Friday, May 17th: Crazy quarter: students may wear crazy accessories.
- Daily Journaling
- Word wall words
- Guided reading
- Fiction and nonfiction books about caterpillars and butterflies
- Prayer is talking to God. The best place to talk to God is in church. We will discuss spending time in church at Mass with our families.
- Counting to 100 by 5s and 10s, counting by 2s to 20.
- Represent addition up to 10 with fingers, drawings and sounds.
- Represent subtract up to 10 with fingers, drawings and sounds.
- Represent addition and subtraction with equations.
- Solve addition and subtraction problems within 10 and fluently add and subtract within 5.
- Decompose numbers up to 10 in more than one way (5=4+1 or 5=3+2)
- For any number from 1-9, what makes 10?
- Show numbers 11-19 in a tens frame.
- Naming and giving the value for the following coins: penny, nickel, dime and quarter.
- We will continue to read nonfiction books about caterpillars and butterflies. We will organize all the information that we are learning on a graphic organizer.