- Thursday, May 26th: Kindergarten/8th grade picnic: students should bring their REGULAR LUNCH, but also bring a blanket to sit on outside. Their buddies will be bringing in a treat to share.
- Thursday, May 26th: $1 dress down day to support new sound system in church
- Friday, May 27th: 8th grade day
- Tuesday, May 31st: we will attend the 8th grade awards ceremony in church
- Thursday, June 2: Kindergarten Celebration, 10am
We started to practice new songs for the upcoming Kindergarten Celebration! Thanks to all that signed up for one of the committees, you should have heard from us by now. Together we will make it a wonderful celebration for the children. They will be the STARS of the show! We can’t wait!
- We look forward to the K/8th grade picnic on Thursday, May 26th! Please don’t forget to send your child to school with a blanket. We will send a reminder email the day before. Please do NOT send in gifts for buddies. A card is fine, if your child wants to do that. We are making something in our classrooms and will present that to our buddies.
- We will continue our end of the year assessments as we get ready for report cards. iReady diagnostic assessments are complete! Those will be shared with you at the end of the school year.
Math: We will continue with Go Math, Chapter 11. Chapter 11 is all about measurement. We will be using all kind of things to measure objects, including paperclips, cubes, blocks and more!
- Length and Width using rulers and nonstandard measurement
- Compare two objects (taller/shorter, bigger/smaller, faster/slower)
- Review: addition, subtraction, skip counting, counting, number recognition, etc.
- We will illustrate the FINAL poem in our poetry journals.
- Persuasive writing: we have been working on using the word ‘because’ to convince our audience of something. Next week, we will use the word “because” to write about why kindergarten rocked. These will be on display at the kindergarten celebration!
- We will be working on kindergarten celebration decoration things next week as a class! The kids love to be a part of the planning and preparations! 🙂
- High frequency words: review of all words, introduce: find, here
- Daily journaling, phonemic awareness and guided reading continue!
- Butterflies have started to emerge from their chrysalises! We will make our observations and enjoy watching them for a week or so before we set them free to begin the cycle again!
- We will review the prayers we have learned and will go over the importance of praying together in church with a new song.