Upcoming Events/Mark your calendars:
- Monday, September 7: No School
- Be sure to log in to Seesaw. Ask your child’s teacher if you have any questions. OPTIONAL Enrichment activities will be posted each week. Be sure to also check your “inbox” in seesaw for linked “boom card” assignments. These are quick 5 minute practice items. Quick checks of how your child is picking up on our skills!
- Be sure to join our Kindergarten Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/334235501288490/?ref=share
- Amazon classroom wishlists: Please view as we try to continue to use individual supplies, swap out item.
Below are the wishlists we have shared with friends and family for our classrooms. We are trying hard to use mostly individual supplies.
Support our School:
- AMAZON SMILE? With every purchase 0.5% will be donated to a charity of your choice. Please follow the directions below and choose St. Cletus School as the recipient. Do your kindergartener’s grandparents use Amazon? Be sure they use Amazon Smile as well! As long as you’re shopping, may as well
- Boxtops: Be sure to dowload the boxtops app. If you don’t do this, PLEASE send in your receipts, ATTN: MARGARET NAPLETON (Tommy’s mom from Mrs. Mahr’s class).Are you scanning your boxtops? Click HERE to see list of products with boxtops.
- Check that you have the latest version of the Amazon app. …
- Open the Amazon Shopping app on your device.
- Go into the main menu of the Amazon Shopping app and tap into ‘Settings’.
- Tap ‘AmazonSmile‘ and follow the on-screen instructions to turn Amazon Smile on.
We are Cardinals and we are GREAT! We have been focusing on learning our cardinal values, be respectful, be responsible, be compassionate, especially focusing on the last one–COMPASSION!
- Words on our word walls by the end of next week: a, yes, no, we, will, do, you, go, the, I; use the suggestions we listed in the letter to practice at home.
- When your child comes home with a printable decodable book–be sure he/she reads it to THREE lucky listeners.
- Michael Heggerty Phonemic Awareness: we will continue our daily phonemic awareness practice; this time allows us to manipulate sounds in words. We are currently isolating beginning sounds, rhyming, using expression when reading sentences and working with compound words.
- Name writing: we will practice using ONE capital letter, the rest lower case while also starting letters from the top to the bottom and using the lines just like we see on our name tags! At home: Ask your child to write his/her name with one capital letter. We will do a lot of name writing activities next week!
- Chicka Chicka BOOM BOOM: We will read this story and complete name activities related to this book. We will learn about our initials and make a Chicka chicka tree with our initials falling out. Chicka Chicka boom boom will also have us up moving and dancing!
- Jolly Phonics: We will wrap up group 2 sounds with Mm and Dd and will begin group 3 sounds: Gg, Oo, Uu, Ll
- I am special to my family! We feel God’s love through our family. We will learn about the Holy Family, Jesus, Mary and Joseph. We will draw pictures of our families. We will discuss ways our families show love to us and how we show love towards them.
- God asks only one thing of us: to be kind and love one another; each time a student is caught being compassionate, he/she is given a sticker that shows he/she did just that! The children are learning to watch out for the needs of others; to recognize when friends are feeling happy, sad, scared, etc. and then to act appropriately. Cardinals care!
- Finding Shapes in Environment and Describe Positions (above, below, beside, etc)
- Identify 2-D Shapes (different orientations/sizes)
- Patterning – AB
- Counting to 20.
- Number writing practice using the poems. We have introduced poems for numbers 0-10 and next week we will continue to focus on correction formation for 0, 1, 2, 3; correct formation means starting the numbers at the top and using the lines. Click this link to practice number formation at home: number+formation+reference+sheet 7
- Ten frame work: we are using ten frames to quickly identify numbers 1-10, 1 more and 1 less of each number. We are working with a single ten frame right now. At home: Go to seesaw for assigned (OPTIONAL) ten frame activity or print the following and showing your child a number using small manipulatives: https://stcletusschool.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/double-ten-frame-mats.pdf
- Tally marks: we are practicing making “bundles of 5” and “groups of ten”. At home: Ask your child to show you tally marks for numbers less than 10 or go to Seesaw for assigned (optional) activity.
- Greater than less than: we will begin to use the following symbols >. <, = to compare numbers.