Welcome to the last week before Winter Break!!
Things Coming Up:
12/17: Hot Lunch – Chicken Tenders
12/17: Queen of Hearts, 7pm, Kenny’s
12/19: $1 Dress Down – Ugly Christmas Sweater Attire
12/19: Hot Lunch – Chicken or Caesar Salad
12/19: Band Concert 7pm
12/20: Mass Schedule, 9am All School Christmas Mass, Dress Up K and 8th Grade
12/21: 1pm Dismissal, Only periods 4-7
- Quizzes/Tests: Unit 2 Test Thursday!!
- Lessons To Be Reviewing at Home: All of Unit 2
- Objectives: To design a process to remove iron and to understand the rock cycle.
- Questions To Answer: Do I eat minerals? Why did the engineers for the St. Cletus buildings need to care about rocks?
- Labs: Design a Process to Remove Iron, Rocks and Minerals Stations
* Plans are constantly altered due to the needs of students. Last week, we were mostly consumed with consumer fair.
- Quizzes/Tests: U2L6L7 Quiz after break
- Lessons To Be Reviewing at Home: U2L6, U2L7
- Objectives: To create a model of DNA and investigate a case of selective breeding.
- Questions To Answer: Can I decode a strand of DNA? How does selective breeding relate to food I eat?
- Labs: DNA Model Building, Selective Breeding and Food
- Quizzes/Tests: N/A
- Lessons To Be Reviewing at Home: U3L1, U3L2
- Objectives: To model the transfer of electrons and to investigate elements of the periodic table.
- Questions To Answer: Can I charge plastic with my hands? How do elements on the periodic table relate to me?
- Labs: Plastic Bag Science, Mystery Element
Faith Can Move Mountains