Welcome to another week of science!!
- 2/20 Hot Lunch (Chicken Tenders)
- 2/20 7p Band Concert
- 2/21 Wizard of Oz Dress Down $1
- 2/23 Confirmation 1p
- 2/25 Hot Lunch (Cheeseburger/Hamburger)
- 2/25 Queen of Hearts 7p
- 2/26 Dress Down Blue $1
- 2/27 Mass Schedule
- 2/27 Hot Lunch (Chopped Salad)
- 3/1 End of 2nd Trimester
- 3/4 Hot Lunch (Beef or Meatball Sandwich)
- 3/4 Queen of Hearts 7p
- 3/5 Mass Schedule
- 3/7 Early Dismissal
- 3/7 Auction Shirt Dress Down
- 3/7 Parent-Teacher Conferences
- 3/8 No School
6th Grade Science
- This week in earth science we are learning about all the different types of mountains and how they form! Ask your child what the three mountain types are!
- Additionally, we created models of the synclines and anticlines that make some of the most beautiful scenery in the world.
- Rocks are a lot more complicated than we thought and geology is actually pretty great!
- REVIEW: Unit 4 Lessons 3 & 4
- QUIZ: Next week Unit 4 Lessons 3 & 4
7th Grade Science
- This week in life science we finished up our virtual reality unit with the Google Cardboard VR sets. We learned the difference between biotic and abiotic factors and that the salinity of the water has a much bigger effect than we thought!
- We also started learning about how to use dichotomous keys to determine the identity of both animals and plants. Ask your child what a dichotomous key is!
- REVIEW: Unit 1 Lessons 3, 4, & 5
- QUIZ next week on Unit 1 Lessons 3, 4, & 5
8th Grade Science
- This week in physical science we learned about chemical reactions and our brains explode a little bit as we try to grapple with learning how to balance equations. It’s tough stuff!
- Additionally, we started work on organic chemistry and noticing the differences between natural and synthetic fibers. We will introduce the concept of polymers as well (a topic we’ve discussed before.)
- We loved this video that showed us the law of conservation of mass. Click Here!!!
- REVIEW: Unit 4 Lessons 1 & 2