Preschool Newsletter – April 12, 2019
- April 15-24 – SPRING BREAK
- Friday, April 25 – All School Mass at 9:00 am
- Friday, May 3 – PRESCHOOL ART SHOW
- This is a wonderful Preschool event. The students will be showcasing various art projects for families to come see in Morrissey hall. We will have art projects displayed from 10:00 am till 11:30 am and following the art show we will have light refreshments for all families to enjoy!
This week in Preschool we focused on Easter and the letter of the week was letter “W.” Throughout the week we learned about the Easter story and will be able to retell the Easter story. The children played various math games during centers and this a great way to practice taking turns! We also used a variety of art materials to create art projects. The children were able to identify various symbols for the Easter season. Some of our letter “W” words included: wagon, winter, Wednesday, wheel, worm, weather, wind, wand, walrus, window, walnut, and watermelon.
- W is for Winter & Walrus
- Eater roll & cover math game
- Easter egg craft
- Roll & cover – letter “W” words
- Letter W early reader book
- Easter bunny puppet
- Religion: “Caring for Animals”
- We completed various Easter crafts (including bunnies, chicks, bunny hats)
- Watercolor painting (Easter eggs and crosses)
- Easter egg STEM stacking activity
- Easter egg patterns (math pattern practice)
- Handwriting journals
When we return from Spring break, we will be completing a letter review of letters A-W. We will also work on practicing our letter recognition and identifying the letter sounds of each letter in the alphabet. The children will practice these skills by playing letter bingo, letter sound bingo, roll and cover a letter game, and search and find a letter.
Pictures from the week: