Preschool Newsletter – January 25, 2019
- Sunday, January 27 – Catholic Schools Week Open House from 10: 30 am till 12:30 pm
- Monday, January 28th – Pj’s and buddies!
- Hot lunch/Cheeseburger with apple slices
- Tuesday, January 29th – Flannel and Stripes Dress down
- Wednesday, January 30th – Teacher Appreciation Day – regular uniform
- Hot lunch/Chicken Caesar salad with brownie
- School Mass at 10:30 am
- Thursday, January 31st – Student Appreciation Day – free dress down
- Friday, February 1st – Red/ White Day
This week in Preschool we completed a letter review of letters A-N. Our theme of the week was bears. The children learned about brown bears, polar bears, and black bears. Throughout the week we read both fiction and non-fiction books about bears. We also discussed where various types of bears live and what kind of food they eat.
- What’s in the letter bag? game
- Alphabet bingo
- Name writing journals
- Number bingo
- Religion: “Jesus Makes a Sick Man Well”
- Bear crafts – paper plate bear, paper plate bear paws, bear puppet
- Bear lacing
- Bear math pattern activity
- Bear counting game
- Bear matching by colors game
- Bear paw print scavenger hunt
Next week we will learn about the letter “O” and our theme of the week will be our five senses. Throughout the week we will discuss what are five senses are and discuss how God gave them to each of us. We will also complete a five senses sort and create our own five senses book.
Pictures from this week: