Preschool Newsletter – May 3, 2019
- Monday, May 6 – Hot lunch/Pizza
- Tuesday, May 7 – $1 Dress Down day/Wear favorite color
- Wednesday, May 8 – Hot lunch/Hamburger with apples
- Heads-up on Preschool last day of school!
- Please be sure to keep an eye out on more information!
- When: Friday, May 31st
- Where: Spring Avenue Park
This week in Preschool we focused on Spring and our letter of the week was letter “X”. Some of our letter “X” words included: xylophone, x-ray, x-ray fish, tux, fox, box, mix, six and fix. Throughout the week we read both fiction and non-fiction books about Spring time. We also discussed the different signs of spring and the changes we have seen in the weather. Children were able to build their vocabulary and early literacy skills with songs and games. We have been working on recognizing and writing both our numbers and letters.
- X is for xylophone & x-ray
- Art show projects
- Lot of spring crafts
- Spring bingo
- Spring stack and count game
- Self-portraits in the spring
- Spring roll and cover game
- Spring early reader booklets
- Handwriting journals
- Making patterns
Next week we will focus on the letter “Y” and our theme will be Zoo. Throughout the week we will read various books about the zoo and zoo animals. In centers we will create a variety of zoo art projects and play hands-on math games using zoo animals. The children will be working on completing their handwriting journals as well.
Pictures from the week:
*Art show on Friday was a huge success! Thank you to all who helped make this a wonderful event for all our Preschool families.