Preschool Newsletter – November 30, 2018
- Monday, December 3rd – Hot lunch/Pizza & fruit cup
- Tuesday, December 4th – “Fun” Raiser at Chipolte in Countryside from 5 pm – 9 pm
- Cardinal College at 7 pm in room 201 – “iStrain: What effect do today’s tablets and devices have on vision and learning?”
- Wednesday, December 5th – Hot lunch/Chicken sandwich
- Thursday, December 6th – Gift of Hope dress down $1 (wear purple or green)
- Friday, December 14th – PRESCHOOL CHRISTMAS SHOW in the Parish Center at 9:30 am
- Reminder this is an early dismissal day for full-day Preschool students. Following the performance we will have light refreshments in the Parish center and then the children are free to be dismissed. This is such an exciting event for our Preschool program and the children have been busy practicing their songs!
This week in Preschool we learned all about seasons and the changes in the weather. Our letter of the week was letter “J.” Some of our letter “J” words included: jellybean, jar, jeep, jack-o-lantern, Jack, John, jog, jelly fish, juice, jelly, and jungle. Throughout the week we read various books on weather and the four seasons. The children also discussed different types of clothes we wear during the different seasons.
Centers this week:
- J is for Jellybean, Jesus, Juice
- Umbrellas and rain craft
- Trees throughout the seasons craft
- Weather wheel
- Weather roll and cover
- Name practice
- Letter J writing practice
- Weather math patterns
- Pattern blocks
- Building with gears
Next week we will begin our unit on Snowmen and learn about the letter “K.” Be sure to check out our hallway for various art projects!
Pictures from this week: