Preschool Newsletter – October 19, 2018
*Next week is RED RIBBON WEEK! (October 22-26)
- Monday, October 22 – Hot lunch/Pizza
- Tuesday, October 23 – Vision & Hearing Testing
- Red Ribbon dress-down: Sports Day
- Wednesday, October 24 – Hot lunch/Meatball sandwich
- Thursday, October 25 – Vision & Hearing Testing
- Red Ribbon dress-down: PJ Day
- Friday, October 26 – Red Ribbon dress-down: Crazy accessories day!
- Wednesday, October 31 – Halloween!
- Full-day Preschool Classroom Parties at 1:30 pm
- Half-day Preschool Classroom Parties at 9:30 am
- (On both days: Tuesday, October 30th & Wednesday, October 31st)
This week in Preschool we learned all about Pumpkins. Our letter of the week was letter “F.” The children read both fiction and non-fiction books about pumpkins. We also learned how a pumpkin grows and what a pumpkin needs in order to grow. Some of our letter “F” words included: fish, frog, fries, feather, family, fan, fox, five, and flower.
- Letter F is for Frankenstein & Firefighter
- Fine motor centers: feeding the pumpkin & using tweezers to grab spiders
- Pumpkin patch playdough
- Thumbkin patch craft
- Five Little pumpkins craft
- Pumpkin shape matching
- Pumpkin paintings
- Religion – “Welcome to the Church”
- Pumpkin measuring – “How many pumpkins tall are you?”
- Fall sensory table
- Letter F activities
Next week we will start our unit on Halloween and learn about the letter “G.” Throughout the week we will discuss the holiday, Halloween and read lots of Halloween books! We will also focus on writing the letter “G” and learning what sound “G” makes. Be sure to check out our art projects in the hallway and in your child’s folder.