We’ve finished up Liturgy of the Word and will move on to the Liturgy of the Eucharist next week. We will spend quite a bit of time reviewing all the steps in the Mass so that hopefully, your child can point them out to you. We have only one lesson left with our Growing with God program. This week’s lesson was about how to stay safe online, which included following parents’ rules and other digital safety tips.
We continue to classify sentences, identify complete and simple subjects and predicates. We also study nouns very carefully. Soon, we will add prepositional phrases to our sentences. We will be skipping spelling tests next week to focus on some other skills with writing. In Phonics, we will move on from contractions and learn how to correctly write nouns in the plural form. Next week, we will begin uppercase cursive letters. Since we will know all the lowercase, I will be having the class do some classwork in cursive. This usually takes longer than when they print. However, it is great practice.
During math class, we will continue to measure items in standard units, using inches, feet, and yards. After this chapter, we will continue to measure, but we will use the metric system.
In Social Studies, we continue our study of goods and services. We’ve talked about what tax is and what are service jobs within a community. Next week, we will look at what people can do with their income.
- Many children are complaining that the headphones are too tight. Please ask your child. They may want to try earbuds.
- D4D on Monday, March 21, at Q’s BBQ and the Hot Dog Company in La Grange.
- Auction t-shirt dress down will be on Thursday, March 24.
- There is NO SCHOOL on Friday, March 25, as teachers have a professional development day.
- The Spring Auction, UNDER THE BIG TOP, will take place on Saturday, April 2, 2022. Please use this link for more information. Don’t forget to get your tickets for this grand event! https://cardinalauction.org/