What a fantastic week in first grade! This week we read the story Far From Home and students and worked on using the illustrations and authors word choice to assign characteristics to characters in the story. We also worked on sequencing the story and retelling. We have also been hard at work in Math working with fact families and related facts!
Looking ahead to next week we will be learning…
This week spelling words follow the <o_e> pattern.
This week in reading we will be finishing up Far From Home and begin looking at the informational text Going to School, which talks about schools around the world. As a class we will use the informational text to help us practice with non fiction text features, we will also be discussing connecting between people and comparing and contrasting schools.
We will continue to review complete parts of a sentence. We will also be practice using both singular and plural nouns.
In writing we will continue to work on opinion by creating an opinion statement and supporting it with reasons and examples.
We will be wrapping up Chapter 5: Addition and Subtraction Relationships through centers and hands on activities.
We will continue learning about plants. We will spend time observing plants, identifying the parts of the plants, and comparing and contrasting plants and their leaves. We will also be conducting an experiment.
This week we will discuss the second week on Advent and how it relates to our lives. We will continue to focus on preparing our hearts for the birth of Jesus.
- Queen of Hearts at Kenny’s on Monday 12/10
- Scholastic book orders for Ms. Gonzalez (108) due on Monday
- 12/11 Dress down day for $1 College Attire – Christmas Shoppe Preview day
- 12/12 Christmas Shoppe purchasing day
- 12/12 Our Lady of Guadalupe Feast Day- All School Mass
- 12/13 Christmas Program at 7 pm in Parish Center
- 12/14 Preschool Christmas program in PC at 9:30 (buddies and siblings may go)
Thank you and have a wonderful weekend!
Ms. Gonzalez and Miss Payne