Athletic Association Meeting
September 10, 2019
- Yolanda presented the treasurer report with the current budget and expected expenses.
- Athletics fee was collected for approximately 206 families.
- Expenses so far are less because we are playing football with SFX.
- Pryor spoke with other athletic directors about their offerings for younger grade activities.
- Soccer will begin in October for about 3 weeks and continue again in Spring 2020.
- An email will go out to Chris Bourjaily asking for the smaller nets for the Jr Kindergarten-4th grade soccer at SC.
- The plan is to get the older students to volunteer to run the soccer for the younger grades.
- The school won 2-1hour floor hockey clinics run by the Chicago Blackhawks from their STEM…Get Up & Go Program. This will most likely occur in February.
- Pryor indicated that St. Francis decided to leave the football program with the Suburban Parochial League after one of the school’s filed a formal complaint against SFX. The complaint was supposedly because the JV team was not split equally. SFX decided to leave the program and join a southern league after not getting responses about the complaint.
- The SFX had a meeting with all the football parents about the change. SC families are relatively happy with the football program at SFX.
- (AFTER THE ATHLETIC ASSOCIATION) Ms. Pryor shared that SFX decided to go back and play with the Suburban Parochial League for this season.
- Yolanda expressed concerns that a cheerleader parent shared with her. The “parent” has complained that SFX isn’t communicating with the 7th grade SC cheerleaders.
- An email will go out to the SC cheerleader parents so that hopefully one will step up to be the SC liaison with SFX.
- Cheerleaders need space to practice their cheer dance for the SC pep rally.
- The pep rally will be Friday, September 20 at 2:00 p.m.
- The homecoming game will be at Nazareth on September 21.
- Michelle asked for a sign-up genius to be created for the concessions stand and entry fee at our home games.
- 1-hour time slots with 2 students in the concessions, 1 student collecting the entry fee, and a parent as volunteers.
- We may sell a “Cardinal” Pass for games in 20/21.
- Other topics that were discussed:
- We need coordinators and coaches for some of the sports for this year.
- 5th/6th grade boys will get new basketball uniforms.
- The new “Little Cardinals” committee to possibly organize the younger kids’ soccer program and the Easter Egg Hunt.
- Pryor will look into having sports clinics in June if the parish will allow it.