6th-8th Science – Ms. Berk
What’s Coming Up:
12/10: 6th Grade Field Trip!!! – Museum of Science and Industry
12/10: Hot Lunch: Hamburger/Cheeseburger
12/10: Queen of Hearts – Kenny’s – 7pm
12/11: $1 Dress Down – College Attire
12/11: Christmas Shoppe Shopping
12/12: All School Mass Schedule
12/12: Hot Lunch: Pasta
12/12: Christmas Shoppe Shopping – during the day and after school
12/13: Christmas Shoppe Shopping
12/13: Assembly Schedule: 2p Christmas Program
12/13: Christmas Program Evening Performance
12/14: Preschool Christmas Program at 9:30 (Buddies and Siblings may go)
Whew! We are busy!
- Quizzes/Tests: FRIDAY (12/14) UNIT 2 TEST
- Lessons To Be Reviewing at Home: All of Unit 2, U3L1, U3L2
- Objectives: To design a process for iron removal and to understand the rock cycle.
- Questions To Answer: Do I eat minerals? Why did the engineers for the St. Cletus buildings need to care about rocks?
- Labs: Design a Process to Remove Iron, Rocks and Minerals Stations
- Quizzes/Tests: U2L6L7 Quiz Monday 12/17
- Lessons To Be Reviewing at Home: U2L6, U2L7
- Objectives: To extract DNA, create a model of DNA, and investigate a case of selective breeding.
- Questions To Answer: Can I see DNA? Can I decode a strand of DNA? How does selective breeding relate to food I eat?
- Labs: Extraction of DNA from Wheat Germ, DNA Model Building, Selective Breeding and Food
- Quizzes/Tests: UNIT 2 TEST THURSDAY (12/13)
- Lessons To Be Reviewing at Home: All of Unit 2, U3L1
- Objectives: To model the transfer of electrons and to investigate elements of the periodic table.
- Questions To Answer: Can I charge plastic with my hands? How do elements on the periodic table relate to me?
- Labs: Plastic Bag Science, Mystery Element
Faith Can Move Mountains
In peace, Ms. Berk