We were busy little cardinals in our seventh week of school. This week we learned all about leaves. We learned about different types and colors of leaves, why leaves fall in Autumn, and what leaves do to help plants and trees! We also had an all school mass this week on Thursday.
- Monday, October 14th – NO SCHOOL
- Wednesday, October 16th – Hot lunch is PF Chang’s
- Friday, October 18th – Hot lunch is Boston Market
- Monday, October 28th – Trunk or Treat at 3:00pm
- Thursday, October 31st – Halloween (See below for Halloween information)
- If you want to order milk for your child, stop in the office or email Mrs. Scalzitti at email@example.com
- If you are interested in ordering from scholastic, please be on the lookout for the book flyers in your child’s folder. You can place your order directly online using your child’s class code which should have been provided to you by your child’s teacher.
- Don’t forget to come in and volunteer for lunch in your preschooler’s classroom!
- Remind your child to be a bucket filler at school and at home!
- Full day preschool parties are on Thursday, October 31st from 1:30-2:30.
- Half day preschool parties are on Wednesday, October 30th (For M,W,F students) and Thursday October 31st (For T,Th students) from 9:15-10:45.
- Students can wear costumes to school but no masks or props are permitted for safety reasons.
- Students should still be able to participate in recess, rest, and specials classes while wearing their costumes.
- Please make sure that students can get in and out of their costume on their own to use the bathroom.
- Please do not send your child with any treats to pass out. Preschoolers have a difficult time passing these out to their friends.We also want to avoid any allergy concerns. There will be snacks/treats provided at the party.
- Come in and volunteer to help out at your child’s party!
Our centers this week included:
- Name Writing
- Letter N craft – N is for night, Nemo, and nest
- Letter N practice – writing and recognition as well as sound
- Leaf crafts and activities
- Handwriting journals
- Leaf roll and cover number recognition game
- Leaf Hunt
- Leaf comparing and graphing
- Leaf investigation
- Letter review and practice
- Religion – “The Church is Everywhere”
Snack Helpers for the upcoming week:
- Room 98A – Adrianna
- Room 98B – Jack
- Room 105 – Evelyn and Walter
Next week our theme will be pumpkins. We will also be learning about the letter “C” as part of our Jolly Phonics curriculum. Enjoy some pictures below from this past week!