We had a great first week in preschool! We focused on learning our school and class rules and routines, meeting all of our teachers and learning our way around our school this week. We even had our first fire drill!
- Monday, September 2nd – NO SCHOOL – LABOR DAY
- Wednesday, September 4th – Hot Lunch:PF Chang’s
- Thursday, September 5th- Sunday, September 8th – Fall Fest
- Friday, September 6th – Early Dismissal at 1:00 pm – NO AFTERCARE
- Monday, September 9th – NO SCHOOL – Teacher In Service Day
- If you are interested in ordering from scholastic, please be on the lookout for the book flyers in your child’s folder. You can place your order directly online using your child’s class code which should have been provided to you by your child’s teacher.
- If you want to order milk for your child, stop in the office or email Mrs. Scalzitti at firstname.lastname@example.org
Fall Fest Dismissal Reminder:
- TEMPORARY NEW PICK UP FOR EARLY CHILDHOOD:DUE TO THE FALL FEST SET UP AND TEAR DOWN ALL PREK , JR K AND K OLDEST AND ONLY STUDENTS WILL BE PICKED UP ALONG SPRING AVENUE BETWEEN 54TH AND 55TH STREET. THIS WILL ONLY BE FROM TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 3RD – TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 10TH. RESUME REGULAR PICKUP IN FRONT OF THE CHURCH ON WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 11TH.
Our centers this week included:
- Religion – New places and New Faces
- Name tracing and writing practice
- Tracing practice
- Watercolor painting
- All about me activities
- First day of preschool hand print crafts
- Manipulative and fine motor playing – gears, magnet tiles, leggos
Snack Helpers for the upcoming week:
- Room 105- Anthony and Sidney
- Room 98A – Cora
- Room 98B – Brooklynn
Next week our theme will be Hollywood! We will also be starting our Jolly phonics, Heggerty, and Handwriting Without Tears curriculum. If you have any questions, please feel free to email us! Enjoy some of the pictures from our first week of school below!