Our second week in preschool has come and gone already! We are mastering our school and class routines, and are still learning our way around our school. This week our theme was Hollywood to match our class theme for the school year. We also started our Jolly phonics, Heggerty, and Handwriting without tears curriculum this week.
- Thursday, September 5 – Sunday, September 8 – Fall Fest – Come out and enjoy the fun!
- Monday, September 9th – NO SCHOOL – Teacher In-service day
- Wednesday, September 11th – All school mass – Hot Lunch is Noodles and Company
- Thursday, September 12th – New family pizza night
- Friday, September 13th – Hot lunch is meatheads
- If you want to order milk for your child, stop in the office or email Mrs. Scalzitti at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you are interested in ordering from scholastic, please be on the lookout for the book flyers in your child’s folder. You can place your order directly online using your child’s class code which should have been provided to you by your child’s teacher.
- Don’t forget to come in and volunteer for lunch in your preschooler’s classroom!
Fall Fest Dismissal Reminder:
- Remember that pick up for oldest and only preschool students will resume in front of the church on Wednesday, September 11th.
Our centers this week included:
- Religion – “All the World Says God is Great!”
- Name writing practice
- Color by shape activity
- Hollywood themed crafts
- Letter S is for snake activities and crafts
- Handwriting Journals
- Letter S recognition, sound, and writing practice
- Hollywood roll and cover number recognition game
Snack Helpers for the upcoming week:
- Room 98A – Emma
- Room 98B – Tori
- Room 105 – Irma
Next week our theme will be friendship. We will also be learning about the letter “A” as part of our Jolly Phonics curriculum.