What’s coming up:
- 1/28: PJs and Buddies Day!
- 1/29: Flannel and Stripe Dress Down! Parent Appreciation Day!
- 1/30: Teacher Appreciation Day! 10:30a Mass. Teacher Appreciation Lunch.
- 1/31: Student Appreciation Day! Free dress down. No homework day!
- 2/1: Red & White Game!
- 8:30-9 1st Grade
- 9:05-9:35 2nd Grade
- 9:40-10:10 3rd Grade
- 10:15-10:45 4th Grade
- 10:50-11:20 5th Grade
- 12:45-1:15 6th Grade
- 1:20-1:50 7th Grade
- 2:00-2:40 8th Grade
- 6th Grade: 6th grade worked so hard on finishing up their consumer fair projects to show them off on Friday! Additionally, they continued to learn about minerals and the rock cycle. Ask them what the 3 different kinds of rocks are!
- 7th Grade: 7th grade began to dissect what it means to be a living thing, what the needs of living things are, and the interconnectedness of producers, consumers, and decomposers, with the ultimate source of energy coming from the sun.
- 8th Grade: 8th Grade worked hard on their presentation skills to ready themselves for the judging process for the Thursday night science fair. Additionally, they created their own version of the periodic table that is on display in the Junior High hallway.
- 6th Grade: We are wrapping up our unit on Rocks and Minerals. Students completed a fun bartering activity that showed how ubiquitous minerals are in our everyday lives! The U3L1L2 quiz will be moved to Monday because of the snow days.
- 7th Grade: We are continuing to learn about adaptations and completed an activity in which we lost an adaptation (our opposable thumbs!) The students had to time themselves to see how long activities would take with and without the adaptation. The U1L1L2 quiz will be moved to Monday because of the snow days.
- 8th Grade: We are making sense of both the periodic table and atomic structure and finding patterns between the two. We will also be constructing Bohr models of particular elements.