How do students and parents find out about assignments or activities?
- Assignments will be posted to the school website at stcletusschool.com under the Class Pages section for preschool through grade 3.
- Grades 4-8 will be able to access their assignments or activities in Google Classroom
What activities or classes will take place during eLearning?
- Lessons and activities for classes the student would attend if school were in session will be reflected on eLearning Days. (Example: If it’s a C day and your child has Physical Education, an appropriate activity would be assigned.)
Do all assignments need to be completed in one sitting?
- No, students can take as much time during the day to complete as necessary. Teacher availability to answer questions is limited to school hours and ALL electronic assignments must be turned in by 9:00pm unless a different due date is specified by the teacher. (Assignments that will be turned in physically are due the next day school is in session.)
How much time will the eLearning work take?
- Time on task will vary depending on the grade, class, teacher, and subject area. Teachers will assign approximately 20-40 minutes of eLearning material for each class taught.
How are assignments submitted?
- The electronic tool will have a method to turn in or submit. Some programs automatically record student work. (applicable primarily in grades 4-8)
- Paper and pencil activities are to be turned in the next day school is in session. (applicable more in grades prek-3)
How is attendance recorded?
- A student must complete all assignments in order to be marked as “present” for the eLearning Day. They will receive a full day attendance.
What if my child is sick?
- The parent should report a child’s illness using the normal procedures. Due dates for assigned work will follow the regular policy set forth by the class syllabus.
Are teachers and staff available for questions?
- Teachers are available by email between 9am and noon and 1pm-3pm on eLearning Days.
Does my child need a device to complete assignments?
- For preschool to grade 3, the parent will need a device to check the school website for assignments. Some lessons and activities could require or benefit from the use of a device.
- A device is required for grades 4-8.
What if there is a power outage or internet service interruption within the entire community?
- The school would likely adjust due dates for eLearning assignments.
What if I have a power outage or internet service interruption in my home?
- Please email your child’s teacher(s) when services are restored. An alternate due date may be provided.
How will eLearning Days impact after school activities?
- An eLearning Day for which the school is closed due to weather, power outage, no heat, etc., will be treated as if the school were closed. All activities, sports, etc., are canceled.