What an eventful 2023 this has been already and it has just begun! I feel the class has grown so much over break and so many are showing signs of early reading skills. This past week we have talked a lot about snowmen and have listened to many stories. Our hallway is now filled with snow projects! We reviewed our letters and sounds, (S,A,T,I,P,N,C,K,E,H,R,M,D,G,O) and we began to put those sounds to work. The class has become experts and naming the beginning sounds in words and even being able to sound out CVC words.
Our letter for next week will be “U” and we will continue on counting up to 50. We have also been working hard this past week on the correct line spacing for writing. We used a house as our guide and made sure to keep the letters between the first and second floor. Our letters never extend into the attic and only sometimes visit the basement.
We will talk about winter animals and learn about how they are able to stay warm in the cold weather. We will learn about what it means to hibernate and which animals sleep through the winter.
Upcoming Events and Dates
- No school Monday, January 16th in observance of Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- 8am Mass on Tuesday January 17th
- Wear red on January 27th for a special preschool activity.
- CSW Open house January 29th
- School Family Mass at 10:30 followed by our school open house until 2:30. Make sure to stop by and visit and also invite other families to come see how AMAZING our school really is!
- Catholic Schools Week is January 29th-February 4th. More information to come about the weeks’ events.
- Our Valentine’s Day party will take place on Valentine’s Day. Sign ups and details will be shared soon! Our party will take place from 1:30-2:30 that afternoon.