What a jam packed week we have had! Monday we wore our red, white, and blue for Patriot’s Day. Tuesday we attended our first weekly all school mass with our buddies. Wednesday, we were able to enjoy extra play time outside. Thursday, we visited the library with our 5th grade buddies, and Friday we attended the all school Pep Assembly. It has been a GREAT WEEK TO BE A CARDINAL!
This past week we finished talking about the letter “A” and how it is a special letter that has two sounds. Make sure to ask your child about our Ant poem and see if they can tell you it!
Adam the and loved sweet food.
Apples made Adam happy, and put him in a good mood.
This upcoming week we will continue to talk about our 5 senses and conduct experiments using Apples! What kind of apple do you think the class will like most? Red? Green? Yellow? Make sure to check back next week to see. We will compile all the information into a class graph!
In religion we will continue to talk about all the things God has made and talk about how these things are all around us. God made things beautiful for us to see, animals that make different sounds for us to hear and even yummy food that we can smell!
We will continue to focus on the numbers 1 and 2 (writing and identifying) and counting to 10. We will also be sorting objects and using the math terms more and less.
Our letter for next week is “T”. We will learn a new poem and continue to talk about the sound it makes. We are inching closer and closer to putting the sounds together to make words!
Today was also the first time this year we got to pull a classroom winner for our PBIS program. Congratulations Maddie! We now emptied our bin and we will start fresh on Monday! The students earn tickets by modeling one of our cardinal values; Be Respectful, Be Responsible, Be Compassionate.
- We will be attending Mass with our buddies on Tuesday at 8am. Please have your student here by 7:50. We will begin admitting students at 7:45.
- Thursday is our Grandfriends Mass. Please make sure to fill out this form if you would like your child to attend. https://stcletusschool.com/grandfriends/
- There is no student attendance on Friday September 23rd.
- If you would like to order hot lunch for your child please visit Wholesome Food Services
A Few Reminders:
- Please keep sending in those family pictures! Our class board is looking AMAZING!
- Please remember to send your child to school each day with a snack and a filled water bottle.
- Double check to make sure that your child has an extra set of clothes in their backpack. There are been an increase of spills at lunch time lately.
- Gym shoes should be worn daily!
- In preschool A LOT of our day is taught through hands on activities. Please keep your child’s nails trimmed to help avoid any accidental scratches when interacting with other students.
Have a wonderful week!