Another week of fun in JK! We hope you are starting to see some independence in your children since the start of the school year! Have you noticed your child helping around the house more? Maybe emptying their own backpack/lunchbox to show you there school work? We have a rule that they should try 3x before asking for help. WOW, are they proud when they get it themselves! Now that coat season is here.. zipping coats is our new game! Please practice with your children and give them some fun and easy jobs to help build their confidence.
Talking points for your children?
- What Saint Did you learn about today?
- Is a spider an insect? How many legs does a spider have? How many does an insect have?
- How are you a “Helper Kind and good ” in your classroom?
Religion: Being a helper and showing love to others has been our focus this week. Next week we will begin a unit on Feelings. God is always with us whether we are happy, sad, afraid(Halloween), angry, and etc. On Monday, We will also be going to the church to watch the 8th grade perform the living Rosary.
Literacy: Our Jolly Phonics this week will be /o/ and /u/. Phonemic awareness is the ability to hear the letters in the words.
Math: We will continue working on counting, patterns and and number order with Halloween themes.
Science: We will be reading many books about trees and leaves. We will be looking at the different shapes and colors how they are different and how they are the same.
A few dates for your calendars…
- HALLOWEEN email containing our classroom party and details will be sent on Monday!
- Monday Starts Red Ribbon Week. This is school wide. The JK will be focusing on ways to keep our body healthy.
- We will be having a Preschool and JK Christmas program on Tuesday December 21st at 9:30am
- The children in JK will be attending mass on November 1st at 9:30. We will be sitting with our 7th grade buddies for our first school all school mass.
Have a wonderful weekend!
The JK Team