Upcoming Events/mark your newsletters:
- Sunday, December 3: 7:45am-2:00, Ho Ho Holiday Breakfast with Santa (see flyer below)
- Tuesday, December 5: 8am Mass
- Tuesday, December 5: Holiday Shop BROWSING
- Wednesday, December 6: Holiday Shop PURCHASING
Advent Mass and kindergarten song presentation: Don’t forget to mark your calendars for DECEMBER 22ND AT 9:30. This will be the kindergarten Christmas performance day. Students will be asked to dress up for the event. They will be in charge of leading the Mass (along with their 8th grade buddies). Once the Mass is over, they will be on the altar singing Christmas songs and reciting Christmas poems that we have started to practice in class. Plan to be at church until about 11:00
Classroom Christmas Party: Isaac’s Mom, Jane Eardley, will be sending out a sign up genius for our next classroom party which will also be on December 22nd. It is a birthday party for Baby Jesus! If you volunteered at the Halloween party, please wait 24 HOURS after the link goes out before signing up for one of the volunteer slots. We want to make sure everyone has an opportunity to help out in the classroom. After a day, anyone is welcome to sign up, even if you volunteered at the Halloween party. 🙂
- Thanksgiving graph/plate pages
- Optional Pizza Hut “book it” program–reading log was sent home on Friday.
- Be sure to listen to your child read any of the SUPERKIDS printable books that come home. These have words that only contain sounds we’ve covered. Encourage your child to “get your mouth ready” and “streeeeetch” those words to decode them.
- New boom cards were posted to Seesaw. Be sure to check those out!
- Holiday Shop envelopes, optional
Thanksgiving is over and we jumped right into Christmas in our classroom! We are busy learning new songs and poems for our upcoming Mass and presentation on the 22nd. On Friday, we made Advent wreaths for the classroom. We will be ready to “light” the first candle on Monday!
Chapter 4 Go Math went home on Friday! For students that missed some pages due to absences or needed additional help, theirs will come home next week. On to Chapter 5, addition!
Please read the Advent letter that was sent home: Advent letter
We will go to the school “holiday shop” next week on Tuesday. If you want your child to purchase something, be sure to return the envelope that was sent home earlier in the week with cash. I will have Mrs. Zontos bring the kids to the shop on Wednesday for purchasing. Thank you!