Upcoming Events/mark your calendars:
- Tuesday, February 6: 8am Mass
- Wednesday, February 7: 100th day of School
- Friday, February 9: family bingo: https://stcletusschool.com/wp-content/uploads/2024/02/Family-Bingo-Night-3.pdf
- Supplemental supplies: If your last name begins with N-Z, your supplemental supplies are due–thank you:https://stcletusschool.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/05/School-Supplies-List-2023-2024.pdf
- Laps for Laughs: please set up your family page!
- Let’s Glow Dance….Son plus one permission slips due by February 14th.
We completed the iReady reading and Math diagnositics! Awesome!
The kids enjoyed all the Catholic School’s Week activities. We wrapped up the special week with the red and white games on Friday. The kids cheered hard for their 8th grade buddies!
Next week’s big event is the 100th day on WEDNESDAY. I sent a letter home about sending in 100 pieces of an assigned item on TUESDAY. Here are the notes I sent home: 100th day celebration food chart and 100 days Letter Remember, please wash hands and count the 100 pieces out AT HOME. Send to school in a ziploc bag. We will combine all of these to make one big 100th day trail mix! I’ll send a reminder note on Monday.
- Last name writing practice: we will continue to work on knowing the letters in our last names, using only one capital letter and starting at the correct lines. Thank you for your help at home!
- Journaling: Daily journaling continues! “Write the sounds you hear” is a phrase they hear often. We are also working on more DETAILED drawings. We are starting to encourage some students to write a second sentence.
- We have started interactive writing time! We are focusing on finger spaces in between words, starting sentences with a capital letter and ending our sentences with punctuation. After we write a sentence together, we do some word work. Right now we are focusing on consonant vowel consonant words. This part of our day REALLY HELPS the children become stronger writers during independent journal time.
- SuperKids: We are now in the Superkids CLUB! We will wrap up “r” next week and will move on to “n” and “m.” Now that we’re in the club part of superkids, there are two letters per booklet.
- Continue to watch for book buddy bags to come home. Keep in a safe spot and practice the fluency pages, books and/or work work practice pages and return by the date indicated.
- Word wall words: Next week we will add: love and will continue to review color and number words.
- We will learn a new song for our pocket chart. It’s all about our 100th day! We will illustrate that song in our poetry journals.
Math: We started Chapter 6 in Go Math which is all about SUBTRACTION!
We will be busy celebrating 100 days in kindergarten next week! Monday and Tuesday we will be getting ready for the big day by making hats, then on Wednesday the children will rotate through 6 different 100th day themed centers. It will be a blast!
- Counting by 1s to 100. Practice at home!
- Counting by 2s to 20. Practice at home!
- Counting by 5s to 100. Practice at home!
- Counting by 10s to 100. Practice at home!
- Addition AND subtraction using dice, dominoes, whiteboards, manipulatives, magnetic numbers and more! Our goal is to FLUENTLY (automatically) add and subtract within 5 and be able to use drawings, fingers, etc. to add within 10.
Our new classroom kindness project revolves around “God’s love keeps us warm”–showing love to others is how we feel God’s love!
We will continue our unit on SENSES. We’ve talked about our sense of sight and sense of hearing. Next, we will learn about our sense of touch. Thank you, God for our senses!