Upcoming Events/Mark your calendars:
- Monday, May 6: Hot lunch, Cheese Pizza
- Wednesday, May 8: Hot lunch, Cheeseburger/hamburger
- Wednesday, May 8: Misericordia Assembly: we will present the money we’ve raised throughout the year with $1 dress-downs (around $4,000) to Sr. Rosemary from Misericordia.
- Friday, May 10: Mother’s Day Tea, 10:15
The children had a great time celebrating FRIENDSHIP at the field trip on Tuesday. Click HERE to see some pictures!
The caterpillars have arrived! Their only job now is to eat, eat, eat! We will watch what happens to their size as they do this! So exciting!
The children are SO excited to share the morning with their moms on Friday! Please make sure you arrive NO LATER THAN 10:15AM. Your child will be waiting for YOU! Children should wear tea appropriate attire. ALL children should still wear gym shoes. Mrs. Bentley’s class, NO gym clothes, but do wear gym shoes.
- We feel God’s love through our moms! We will be preparing all week for your special visit on Friday. See you at 10:15!
- Counting to 100 by 5s and 10s, counting by 2s to 20.
- Represent addition up to 10 with fingers, drawings and sounds.
- Represent subtract up to 10 with fingers, drawings and sounds.
- Represent addition and subtraction with equations.
- Solve addition and subtraction problems within 10 and fluently add and subtract within 5.
- Decompose numbers up to 10 in more than one way (5=4+1 or 5=3+2)
- For any number from 1-9, what makes 10?
- Show numbers 11-19 in a tens frame.
- Naming and giving the value for the following coins: penny, nickel, dime and quarter.
- We will be observing our caterpillars and studying the caterpillar to butterfly life cycle using nonfiction books.
- Word wall words
- Daily Journaling
- Reading and writing about our moms
- Guided reading