We will be starting with our first main part of Mass next week in Religion. It is called the Liturgy of the Word. We continue our Second Step program, which helps us deal with confidence, conflict-resolution, etc.
In Grammar, we are going back to classifying sentences and learning more about different types of nouns next week. We’ve been working on our descriptive paper, which will be finished next week with beautiful portraits. In Phonics, we will take our test on Unit 4 next week, after reviewing the skills. The next unit deals with contractions, endings, and suffixes. In reading. As mentioned previously, our lowercase cursive letters have almost all been taught. We will move on to uppercase next. However, we will begin to write in lowercase cursive more often, specifically in phonics.
We jumped to our Geometry and Fractions chapters in Math to make sure we cover a very important topic. Our first lesson was about naming various 3-D shapes. After we cover the geometry topics, we will shift over to fractions.
We finished our Science unit on plants and will shift over again to Social Studies. That unit covers goods and services.
- The auction t-shirt order form went home this week in the Wednesday envelope. Please consider purchasing one for your child to earn 4 auction t-shirt dress down days. (They must wear the auction shirt on the specified days.)
- Parent-Teacher conferences are next week on Thursday, March 9. If you’d like to meet with me then, please sign up asap.
- Report Cards will go home on the 9th with your child.
- There will be no school next Friday, March 10.
- We begin the last trimester next week. Let’s finish the school year strong!
- CardinalPalooza is on Saturday, April 29. It is always a great time to see fellow Cardinal families and friends. Be sure to mark your calendars. The formal invitations went home this week in the Wednesday envelope.