In Religion, we talked about Mass in general. We looked at how we are all united to each other through Jesus. We also spend time on our Second Step program about once a week, which is a social-emotional program. Most recently, we spent time talking about how we treat each other respectfully and kindly with both our words and actions. We also spoke about how to calm ourselves, practiced the techniques, etc. In addition to that, the class talked about how it can be difficult to be patient.
In Grammar, we sang our jingles, classified sentences, and published our descriptive papers. We also reviewed what adjectives are and wrote adjectives describing each other on our silhouettes. With St. Patrick’s Day coming so quickly, we thought about and wrote down four things for which we feel lucky. Lastly, we spent some of our Language Arts time, practicing the skill of using a dictionary. In Phonics, we wrapped up our unit with consonant blends, digraphs, bossy r, etc. and will have our test next week. Once we start the new unit, it will focus on contractions.
In Math, we continue with the study of shapes. We’ve learned that identifying the number of sides and vertices helps us know which 2-D shape it is. We have a few more lessons in geometry, and then we move on to fractions.
In Social Studies, we will continue to look at goods and services for a couple of weeks. We’ll cover what tax is and what service jobs are within a community. Soon, we will also look at what people can do with their income.
- CardinalPalooza is on Saturday, April 29. It is always a great time to see fellow Cardinal families and friends. Get your tickets today!
- We will have our PBIS Assembly next Wednesday, March 15. The children always have such a fun time celebrating their Cardinal pride!
- Stations of the Cross will be in church again on Thursday, March 16, at 2:30. Feel free to join us if you can.
- On Friday, March 17, we will have a GREEN dress down day in celebration of St. Patrick’s Day.
- Just a reminder that the Communion Retreat is on Saturday, March 18, from 9AM – 12PM. See you there! 😊